Wednesday, January 11, 2017

A not so normal day

That not so normal day was Monday, January 9. The day started out as normal as ever, got up, showered, got dressed and decided to go to lunch with my son.
The power has been flickering often and on on all day so we really didn't think that much of it.  As we walking into Subway to get a sandwich the power went completely off .   Figuring it would just be out for a little while we walked out of Subway and just kind of drove around town paying some bills until the power came back on,which it did after a few minutes so back  to Subway we go.  This time the doors were locked and there were no employees on site so we decided to go find someplace else to eat but to no avail because the power was off again so we finally decided just to go home and wait it out and we would go back and eat at 4:30.
 The power completely went off at 3:30 and never came back on. The winds had been so high here they had toppled over several power lines from  our cities power source.
 Needless to say as the evening goes on there is still no power. I'm starting to get hungry and I'm convinced we're going to starve to death.  At this point my son is having a blast  and he's hoping the powers going to stay out forever. To make sure his mama didn't starve he made burritos using the cook stove outside. Doing dishes by candlelight was kind of fun.  Finally convinced we're not gonna have any power for the evening we settle down in front of the fireplace where it's nice and toasty warm and cozy.  With my son on the floor in the sleeping bag with his dogs tucked in  and me curled up on the couch with my dog it was really quiet comfortable set up. Its 8:30 now with no reason to believe we will get power tonight I'm getting sleepy since there's really not much to do in the dark I decided I would finally go to sleep.
 Just as I close my eyes and was drifting off to sleep bam  I felt like I was in the Trace Adkins  video because "Every  light in the house is on." In a way I was disappointed that we have power again  because it was nice, peaceful, cozy and toasty in the living room. Of course my son was disappointed since it wanted the power outage to continue for a few days.WHAT!!! Umm NO!

No comments:

Post a Comment