Monday, February 13, 2017

Oh So Succulent Flower Decoration





















As I continued to experiment with the Oh So Succulent Bundle I decided I wanted to create a succulent garden. I found the cutest little handled containers at the Dollar General so I bought all the ones they had. Three or four succulents fit on the pot nicely depending on the size you make the flowers.

Using the six dies for the flower I cut a sheet of 8.5 by 11 card stock in half and I was able to get two sets of flowers on one half sheet. Then the fun began! I just randomly selected inks to use to combine on each flower. I was really happy with the way the colors blended together to create the flowers


To get the flower pot ready I bought a dry foam block from Walmart and cut it to fit snugly into the container. I used craft glue to glue reindeer moss to the top of the foam and the added the flowers to the pot using my hot glue gun.

I love the way these turned out and I set them next to my real succulent garden and was amazed on how real they looked! Give it a try and share your project with me. I would love to see what you have done.

I am also posting a video on YouTube showing how I made these. I  will include the link when the video finishes uploading. Until next time Happy Stamping!




Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment